NOTE: This class has been put on hold for the time being. I occasionally teach certain components of it but not the whole system. Continue reading to learn more about this practice as a way to more deeply empower and enhance your personal healing.
Chow Medical Qigong is an ancient discipline that anyone can learn. Its various concepts together form what Dr. Effie Chow, its originator, calls the Chow Integrated Healing System, a total integrated approach to health of body, mind, and spirit. It is a powerful healing system that combines western health practices and ancient Traditional Chinese Medicine in which body mind spirit are one.
Chow Qigong is based on the classic Chinese belief that a powerful energy system exists within our body. When the Yin and Yang (Qi) energy patterns are disrupted and out of balance, we experience disharmony and become susceptible to disease. When this energy is re-balanced, health and harmony can be restored and enhanced
Fitness and wellness, body mind spirit, are the primary focus. Chow Qigong further emphasizes how we play a major role in our own health and healing, particularly as we learn how to sense and build our internal qi.
The practice invites us to experience this innate healing energy existing
within each of us and to learn more about bringing it into greater balance through a focus on posture and breath, physical exercises, meditation, Qi-Pressure, massage, energy testing, basic principles for living, as well as good nutrition, and more, all of which help to build our internal qi.
Many people of all ages and abilities practice Chow Qigong simply because it makes them feel good. Many have reported, and research demonstrates, that the more faithful one is to practicing, the deeper the benefits.
Like many other modalities,
Chow Medical Qigong is a way of helping yourself feel better,
body, mind and spirit,
using your own natural inner resources.
Reported benefits vary from person to person, including:
* facilitating better performance and better quality of life overall
* increasing strength, flexibility and balance
* building higher levels of energy and stamina
* helping you reach your optimal level of health
* reducing anxiety, depression, chronic pain conditions
* strengthening your cardiovascular system
* improving existing health conditions
* providing powerful stress management tools
* slowing aspects of the aging process
* boosting your immune system
* enhancing your respiratory function
* regulating weight and metabolism
* enhancing mental clarity, focus and creativity
* fostering more JOY in your life!
I invite you to “Come, taste, and see!”
As always, any particular session would go ahead depending on the number of full registrations
at the beginning of each session.
Any new sessions will be posted
under the NEWS Menu.
To learn yet more …
Click Here for my poster of Chow Qigong 10 Basics plus Basic Components, including 8 hugs a day!
Click Here to read a copy of “Spotlight on Chow Qigong”, an article I wrote for the NL Wellness Guide 2013 Edition.
- You are welcome to browse Dr. Chow’s web site for more of her story and for more information about the East West Academy of the Healing Arts. A mini bio can be found below at the end here .
- There are numerous You Tube links for Dr. Chow well worth browsing … including numerous interviews … quite an amazing woman …quite an amazing healing practice!
- Click here for the You Tube link for a 5-minute Guided Meditation with Dr. Effie Chow. Her longer 20 minute Guided Meditation is available as a CD on line through the Store on her website. It is suggested that it be done sitting on the floor, but it can also be done sitting in a chair or even lying down …
- The script for the full meditation and the introduction can be found in her book, Miracle Healing from China, co-authored by Dr. Chow and Dr. Charles T. McGee. Available through her web site as well as on-line shopping sites such as Amazon.
- Click on this link to read more about a Chow Qigong daily noon meditation you may wish to partake in with others world-wide http://eastwestqi.com/services/meditation-2/
- Here is the You Tube link for Dr. Chow’s Follow-Along exercise segment as it appears on Volume 1 of her 2 DVDs. She essentially does 2 repetitions of each exercise in total silence.
- Instructional clips for several of her exercises as singles can be found on You Tube as well.
- Volume 1 DVD, Chow Medical Qigong Basics and Exercises, is available for purchase from her web site. It contains the basics of Chow Qigong, including detailed guided instructions for each of the exercises, along with details re the benefits for each.
More Information regarding Dr. Effie Chow
Dr. Chow is a world renowned Qigong Grandmaster, energy healer, acupuncturist, author and guest speaker. She is also a registered public health and psychiatric nurse.For over 40 years she has worked to integrate Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) with Western Medicine. In 2000 she was appointed by then President Clinton to the White House Commission on Complementary and Alternative Medicine Policy. She is also the Founder and President of the East West Academy of Healing Arts in San Francisco, CA.
Dr. Deepak Chopra has said of Dr. Chow: “Effie Chow is one of the strongest energy-based healers and acupuncturists I have met and I have seen with my own eye some of the remarkable results of her qigong work.”
Dr. Chow had been to Newfoundland to conduct training in the Stephenville area and was a key lead person at The Canadian Qigong Congress held in Stephenville in 2009. It was my experience with Dr. Chow at that Congress which stirred my initial interest in doing further training with her. I later attended the World Qigong Congress in Toronto in 2012 which led to my eventually doing my Level One Certification as a Chow Qigong Instructor and Practitioner.
One of what I call Dr. Chow’s “signature” quotes reads:
“Giving individuals the power to determine and manage
their own health and destinies
is the secret to true healing.”